“When you do something nice for your neighbor, you start something good.”
Since 2017, WJCT Public Media has hosted an annual Be My Neighbor Day, bringing together our
friends and community partners for a FREE fun-filled Saturday festival (usually the Saturday of
Mother’s Day weekend) sharing with families how to be a caring neighbor.
Honoring the tradition of Mister Rogers Neighborhood and Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Be My
Neighbor Day invites children and families to participate in activities that aid neighbors in need,
learn about how they can help neighbors, and explore all the great people and places in their
neighborhood. It’s a great way to help children understand how to support others and how a one
kind act can lead to many.
- Decorate placemats to share with residents at Almost Home DayBreak.
- Meet a community helper and learn how you can help too.
- Make a bookmark for yourself and for someone learning to read at Literacy Alliance of Northeast Florida.
- Explore all the great places in your neighborhood.
- Pledge to do something nice for a neighbor.