As Jacksonville prepares again for the national spotlight with Michael Dunn returning to court for his retrial on first-degree murder charges, WJCT will examine the difficult questions surrounding Florida’s Stand Your Ground law.
Does Stand Your Ground provide the protection innocent Floridians need to defend themselves, or does it promote a vigilante mentality that makes one person judge, jury and executioner?
WJCT’s Melissa Ross and WJXT4 The Local Station/News4Jax’s Kent Justice co-host this live, event, simulcasting on both WJCT and WJXT on May 22 at 8 p.m. from WJCT Studios. The show will be a town hall style program with live audience members asking questions of our panel:
- Lucia McBath and Ronald Davis, parents of Jordan Davis
- Rod Sullivan, professor at Florida Coastal School of Law
- Former FBI agent and attorney Dale Carson
- Ciara Taylor, political director with the Dream Defenders
- -Cord Byrd, pro-Second Amendment attorney
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
100 Festival Park Ave.
Jacksonville, FL 32202