WJCT seeks individuals who not only are technically skilled and knowledgeable, but also have great interpersonal ability. While we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted.
WJCT is an equal-opportunity, equal access employer. WJCT’s employment decisions are based on applicants’ qualifications for the positions being considered. These decisions are made with no regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other protected status.
WJCT Statement of Diversity:
WJCT values diversity and prides itself on being an employer where individuals are given the support needed to achieve his or her professional best. To facilitate this culture we recognize the rights of all individuals to mutual respect and acceptance without biases based on differences of any kind.
Employment Opportunities with WJCT
Content Distribution Specialist
Position will control, program and oversee the broadcast systems that manage JCT Services LLC.’s digital assets and distribute content over various platforms.
- High School diploma &/or equivalent; prefer Associates degree.
- 2+ years applicable broadcast experience with training in master control operations and traffic.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven computer aptitude.
- Clear ability to multitask and prioritize while working under tight deadlines.
- An ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly.
- A “can-do” customer service attitude; previous experience working with clients.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Must be able to work a day, night, or weekend shift with the ability to move into an alternate shift if needed; as well as overtime & holidays.*
- SBE certification preferred or the ability to earn SBE certification within one year of hire.
- PBS experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Grass Valley iControl and iTX a plus.
- Knowledge of ProTrack a plus.
*The qualified candidate (s) must able to work a day, evening (4 pm – midnight) or overnight (midnight to 8:30) shift.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and a great working environment. If you are interested in becoming a part of the team please send a current resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: email@example.com
Alternate Options: Mail – WJCT Human Resource 100 Festival Park Avenue, Jacksonville, Florida 32202 or Fax 904-358-6385.
WJCT is an equal opportunity and equal access employer M/F/V/H
On-Call Crew (Part-Time/As Needed)
We are looking for individuals who would like to be a part of our on-call, as needed crew pool which assists with in-house and offsite events, studio productions, building operations and other WJCT and client events. Candidates must be willing and able to perform both studio and building operations activities which include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to provide general facilities support (non-production) which may include set-up and break-down of tables, chairs and other event related items;
- Experience with camera operation and other television equipment such as CG, prompter;
- Experience with studio production set-up, scenery construction and maintenance;
- Experience with lighting, working as an audio assistant preferred;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends;
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions.
If you meet the stated qualifications and want to join our team oriented workplace please send a resume and cover letter stating position of interest and salary requirements to:firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: 904-358-6385, or mail to: WJCT HR 100 Festival Park Avenue Jacksonville, Florida 32202
Internships at WJCT
WJCT provides internship opportunities during which students are provided a learning environment with “real life” work experience in support of their educational and personal goals.
Typical requirements for consideration include:
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be enrolled in or sponsored by an accredited college or university;
- Matriculated to the junior years by the start of the internship period;
- Be seeking course credit or fulfillment of additional community/college requirements;
- Pursuing a major that relates to the products and services provided by WJCT.
Please send a resume and cover letter stating area of interest and availability to:
WJCT Human Resources
100 Festival Park Ave.
Jacksonville, FL 32202
WJCT seeks organizations that provide employment information to job seekers. If your organization would like to receive notification of vacancies at WJCT, please contact:
100 Festival Park Ave.
Jacksonville, FL 32202