What is the role of food in city planning? The Jaxson invites you to an evening exploring how authentic, local restaurants, bars, public markets, and food halls are becoming essential ingredients in revitalizing urban commercial scenes across the country, even as traditional retail chains struggle.
- 5:30pm – Reception
- 6:00pm – Keynote Speaker
- 6:30pm – Panel Discussion
- 7:30pm – Q&A
- Quint Studer, author of Building a Vibrant Community: How Citizen-Powered Change Is Reshaping America
- Lori Boyer, Downtown Investment Authority CEO
- Celestia Mobley, chef and restaurant owner at Celestia’s Coastal Cuisine and Jazzy’s Restaurant and Lounge
- Jerry Watterson, Jax Restaurant Reviews founder
- Caron Streibich, restaurant reviewer, Florida Times-Union; content and social media marketing manager, Regency Centers
The event is FREE, but seating is limited. Register today!
This event is sponsored in part by the First Coast Chapter of the American Planning Association.
Wednesday, October 2, 2019
9:30 pm - 12:00 am
100 Festival Park Avenue
Jacksonville, Florida 32202