WJCT’s “Community Thread” invites the community to join in one big conversation about the topics affecting us most. Building on WJCT’s former “First Coast Forum” concept, “Community Thread” is a TV show and radio stories that respond directly to audience-submitted questions.
Each quarter, the public is invited to submit questions on a new topic by email to email@example.com or on Twitter using the hashtag #WJCTThread. Members of the public are also invited to attend the “Community Thread” TV show taping and ask questions directly to a panel of experts.
Our news team will also sift through the questions and provide answers to many of them in radio stories, giving credit to the person who asked the question. This way, the conversation thread continues all year.
The first “Community Thread” show tapes Nov. 12. “Nikolai Vitti and the Future of Duval Schools” will feature Duval County Superintendent Nikolai Vitti.Topics are expected to include the controversial Eureka curriculum (also called Engage New York), proposed school zone boundary changes affecting schools primarily in the urban core, and proposed mandatory uniforms for middle and elementary school students.
Panelists will include:
- Nikolai Vitti – Duval Schools Superintendent
- Terrie Brady – Duval Teachers United President
- Tim Sloan – Parent who has a daughter in sixth grade at Landon Middle and a son in second grade at Thomas Jefferson Elementary
- Cheryl Grymes – Duval School Board Chair
What are your thoughts? Be part of our studio audience and share your voice!
- All guests must arrive at 7:30 and must be seated by 7:45 or they will not be allowed into the studio.
- Tickets are free, but space is limited.
Thursday, November 12, 2015
8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
100 Festival Park Ave.
Jacksonville, Florida 32202