- Jacksonville City Council Unanimously Approves $75M For St. Johns River Dredgingby Brendan Rivers on July 29, 2020 at 12:11 am
The Jacksonville City Council on Tuesday unanimously approved $75 million in funding for the ongoing St. Johns River dredging project.
- Committee Seeks Documents, Communications Related To Failed JEA Privatizationby Brendan Rivers on February 10, 2020 at 5:35 pm
In its first meeting, the Jacksonville City Council’s Special Investigatory Committee on JEA asked for all documents related to the now-halted sales process of the city-owned utility and all communications to or from Mayor Lenny Curry and others.
- Council Kills School Tax Bill Without The Public Presentby Abukar Adan on August 28, 2019 at 3:38 pm
The Jacksonville City Council Tuesday night voted down a half-cent sales tax referendum. The vote took place without the public present, after Council President Scott Wilson tossed the audience out for excessive boos.
- Randy DeFoor Wins District 14 City Council Raceby Bill Bortzfield on May 15, 2019 at 12:20 am
Republican Randy DeFoor has won the race for Jacksonville’s District 14 Council seat, beating Democrat Sunny Gettinger by 51.2% to 48.8% with all precincts reporting, according to unofficial returns Tuesday night.
- Q&A With District 14 City Council Candidate Randy DeFoorby Abukar Adan on May 1, 2019 at 4:53 pm
Early voting in Jacksonville’s runoff elections is now underway ahead of Election Day, May 14. One of the five City Council races on the ballot is for District 14, which covers parts of the Westside, Avondale and Riverside. The two candidates are Republican Randy DeFoor and Democrat Sunny […]
The following information on this page is from the Duval County Supervisor of Elections: