- Candidate Profile: Jacksonville Mayoral Candidate Jimmy Hillby Amanda Brannon on March 12, 2019 at 6:53 pm
Mayoral Candidate Jimmy Hill has been a part of the Jacksonville community and is now in politics in Jacksonville. He retired after 28 years from the Jacksonville fire department, previously served on the Atlantic City Council and he organized the Southeast U.S. Boat Show for 21 years. On WJCT’s First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross Tuesday, Hill, a Republican, said that the current administration talks about the crime but is not doing anything to fix the crime problem. Related Listen to the entire interview with Hill on Tuesday's First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross Voters' Guide “They could have just engaged directly with the Cure Violence as a short term pilot, they had decent buy-in from the community that was a good idea. But they're going to study it and research it. And as usual, it's going to get pushed back,” he explained about the current administration. However, our Florida Times-Union news partner reported in February that Mayor Lenny Curry 's adminstration has committed
- Four Candidates For Jacksonville Mayor Debate Crime, Selling JEA And Moreby Abukar Adan on March 7, 2019 at 6:06 am
The four Jacksonville mayoral candidates whose names are on the ballot faced off in a televised debate Wednesday at Jacksonville University Public Policy Institute ahead of the March 19 elections.
- Mayoral Hopefuls Make Their Case At Northwest Jacksonville Forumby Abukar Adan on March 5, 2019 at 6:16 pm
More than 200 mostly African-American residents packed a church in Northwest Jacksonville Monday evening to hear from the three mayoral hopefuls vying to unseat Mayor Lenny Curry.
- Mayoral Candidates Weigh In On Weekend Shootingsby Tracy Armbuster - News4Jax on February 18, 2019 at 3:29 pm
With four people killed over the weekend in Jacksonville, gun violence is an issue on voters’ minds as three candidates look to unseat Mayor Lenny Curry in next month’s election.
- Republican Jimmy Hill Announces Candidacy For Jacksonville Mayorby Abukar Adan on November 20, 2018 at 10:47 pm
With the midterm elections just behind us, Jacksonville's city election is already heating up ahead of next spring.
The following information on this page is from the Duval County Supervisor of Elections: