S&Co. & WJCT Present: Guest Speaker Dr. Moshe Milevsky, Professor of Finance at York University & Author of “The 7 Most Important Equations for Your Retirement”
- 5:30PM – Registration & Reception
- 6:15 – 7:15PM – Program
- Light Refreshments Provided
The following is a passage from Prof. Milevsky’s book (which will be discussed in this talk):
“…time is running out. North American baby boomers are getting within shouting distance of their golden years. Most have finally grasped that – despite the dreamy commercials and brochures – retirement isn’t a long vacation that begins at 65. It’s a gradual winding-down process, possibly involuntary, with austere financial implications. The timeworn questions about proper savings rates, the best mutual funds or the ideal size of your nest egg number have been pushed aside by a pragmatic economic reality: “This is what I have, give or take a few more years of saving. How do I make it last?”
“In other words, it is time to have some conversations about retirement income planning, also known as de-accumulation planning.”
Here’s a brief outline of subjects in this talk:
- “How long will your nest-egg last, if you were to stop contributing today, and instead withdraw a fixed amount each year while earning a fixed interest rate each year for the rest of your life?”
- Length of life and longevity risk
- Life annuities and pensions
- Financial risk, including “an asset allocation equation that’s relevant… especially during retirement.”
- “A unified equation that measures the sustainability of your retirement plan.”
Prof. Milevsky also says: “Yes, I know from many years of teaching experience that financial conversations are often dry and humorless. So I promise to do my best to lighten up the topic by keeping the technicalities to a minimum…”
Hear Dr. Milevsky, live at WJCT studios, as he shares the 7 most important equations around sound retirement income planning, by presenting the scientific breakthroughs that are at the core of providing a sustainable retirement in- come. This special event is sponsored by Stratton & Company Retirement Financial Strategies, and there is no cost or obligation for attending. Attendees are offered a consultation with S&Co. where insurance and annuities are offered.
There is no cost to attend, but reservations are required and space is limited. RSVP requested by July 12th by 5PM. Call 904.358.6322 or or click the button below.
5:30 pm - 7:15 pm
100 Festival Park Ave.
Jacksonville, Florida 32202