WJCT’s “Community Thread” invites the community to join in one big conversation about the topics affecting us most. Building on WJCT’s former “First Coast Forum” concept, “Community Thread” is a TV show and radio stories that respond directly to audience-submitted questions.
Each quarter, the public is invited to submit questions on a new topic by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter using the hashtag #WJCTThread. Members of the public are also invited to attend the “Community Thread” TV show taping and ask questions directly to a panel of experts.
Our news team will also sift through the questions and provide answers to many of them in radio stories, giving credit to the person who asked the question. This way, the conversation thread continues all year.
The second “Community Thread” show, “Community Thread: Downtown Development”, tapes February 11 at WJCT Studios.
When it comes to redeveloping downtown Jacksonville, the best-laid plans have often turned sour because of spiraling costs or problems with infrastructure. But despite setbacks, the city has made strides in recent years. Hemming Park, The Elbow entertainment district and plans for a new amphitheater are among them.
In “Community Thread: Downtown Developing,” we talk with the movers and shakers who are transforming downtown—and meet others who say challenges still remain.
- Aundra Wallace– CEO, Downtown Investment Authority
- Jake Gordon – CEO of Downtown Vision
- Margie Seaman – commercial real estate broker specializing in downtown
- Dawn Emerick – CEO, Groundwork Jacksonville
- Wayne Wood – Friends of Hemming Park
- Cindy Funkhouser – CEO, Sulzbacher Center
- Chris Holland – VP of Student Services, FSCJ
What are your thoughts or questions about downtown? Be part of our studio audience and share your voice!
- All guests must arrive at 7:30 and must be seated by 7:45 or they will not be allowed into the studio.
- Tickets are free, but space is limited.
8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
100 Festival Park Ave.
Jacksonville, Florida 32202