The FBI will investigate the police shooting death of 22-year-old Vernell Bing, Jacksonville Sheriff Mike Williams announced Friday.
Media RoundtableWe discuss the week’s biggest news stories with our roundtable of local journalists: Ron Littlepage, Florida Times-Union columnist; Tim Gibbons, Jacksonville Business Journal editor; Claire Goforth, Folio Weekly editor; and A.G. Gancars…
An additional 27 homeless military veterans in Jacksonville will get help paying rent thanks to an extra $149,040 from the federal government.
St. Augustine is known for its beautiful beaches, colorful history, and, most recently, gridlocked traffic.
But city representatives are making moves to change that, with the help of citizens’ guidance.
Charles Cofer, the former Duval County Judge hoping to unseat Public Defender Matt Shirk, says recent Florida Ethics Commission findings show his opponent isn’t fit for office.The commission found probable cause that Shirk violated Florida ethics laws.
The nonprofit HabiJax is building its 2,000th home in Jacksonville this week since it started building homes for low-income people in the late 1980s.
Jacksonville is seen as a religiously diverse city with many faiths represented. However, Christianity accounts for 94.4 percent of the religiously identified population.What is it like for those in the other 5.6 percent?On this edition of Faith Matter…
As the work week comes to an end, let WJCT interns Allie George, Kelsey Oates and Sarah De Nicolais be your guides for art, culture and fun on the First Coast this weekend.
A new law going into effect in California will allow terminally ill patients with less than six months to live to request life-ending medication from a physician.
Although no such legislation has been introduced in Florida, the passage of this statute underscores the importance of discussing patient’s final wishes with physicians and family members alike.
Local organizations are calling for an independent review and a U.S. Justice Department investigation of the police-involved shooting of 22-year-old Vernell Bing Jr.